It is hardly a secret that the dining table is the centre of attraction in your dining room or space. The good news is that there are several ways you can place and decorate the dining table so that it looks impressive from all angles. This becomes even easier if you have a beautiful wooden table such as a solid timber dining table. These are available in several different designs and can range from plain and simple to elaborately carved designs. Where your table is to be placed depends on several factors such as its design, size, and shape.
Given below is a detailed guide about how to position a wooden table in the perfect spot in your dining room and decorate it accordingly. But first, consider the vast benefits of picking a timber dining table for your home:
#3 Reasons Why Nothing Beats Solid Timber Dining Tables
Whether you want to throw an impressive dinner party or just want to redo your dining room décor, you need not look beyond beautiful timber tables. Here are some of the most important reasons why when it comes to dining tables, timber is the best choice:
- Firstly, solid timber dining tables offer a wide number of options and designs to choose from. For modern homes, there are several smaller designs with intricate patterns available. These don’t take up much space and are beautiful to look at. On the other hand, larger and more rugged designs can be chosen for country homes that have larger dining rooms.
- As timber is so versatile, various types of designs and patterns can be made from it. Therefore, tables made from timber have eye-catching designs that can make even the simplest of dining rooms look gorgeous and sophisticated at the same time.
- Lastly, a solid timber dining table is highly durable and easy to maintain. It is one of the best wood types to use for furniture as it doesn’t rust and is not affected by dust. All you have to do is get it polished once every year to ensure that it looks new even after years of use.
How to Pick the Perfect Spot for Your Solid Timber Dining Table?
If you have recently bought a new dining table and are planning to show it off at your next dinner party, you must be thinking about where to place it. This is one of the most common questions when it comes to dining tables. However, picking the right spot is no rocket science. Here are a few tips from experts to help you pick the perfect spot:
- The most important thing that you must consider before placing your dining table in its spot is the size. Make sure that the edges of the table do not touch the walls and there is enough space to slide the chair while sitting or getting up.
- Another important factor that must be considered is the shape of the timber table. While rectangular or square tables are generally placed in close proximity to the walls, the circular ones look better in the middle of the room. Make sure that the table is placed somewhat below a lighting source.
If you are looking for perfectly decorating your solid timber dining table, consider how often it is going to be used. For example, if the table is going to be used for frequent parties and such, keeping the decoration to a bare minimum is a good idea. This will leave enough space free for your spread and for the plates to be placed comfortably. However, if it is not going to be used too often you can opt for elaborate decorations.