Nowadays, big machines are used by most of the farmers. With the advancement of machines, farming has definitely become more convenient and the production or yield capacity has also increased than before. This is the reason why more and more farmers are opting for the machineries. Quite obviously, one should protect the machines from the harsh elements of weather and dust as well. This is the reason why machinery sheds are being constructed.
In the rural areas, these days it is quite common to come across large sheds, and inside them, farming related machines are kept. These sheds are very durable and they can withstand the blow of strong winds as well. Fortunately, these sheds can be used for multiple purposes as well. All you have to do is construct them with a design that can accommodate your multipurpose needs. So, let us take a look at the various applications and benefits of having a large shed on your farm.
Few benefits of machinery sheds
- The most obvious purpose and benefit of having machinery shed isrelated to the storage of your farming machines, such as ploughing engine, reaper, steam engine, winnowing machine, draw harrow, and much more. These machines need to be protected from harsh weather conditions, failing to do so may lead to malfunctioning of the same. So, if you want to make your farming machines more durable then keep them under the machinery shed.
- These sheds can be used for storing crops as well. You can also store grains, hay, and different types of perishable foods. Keeping these items in the shed can add to their longevity. As a result, you will be able to save a lot of money in the long run.
- Apart from crops, you can use the sheds as a temporary shelter for your animals. If you visit the rural areas, you will surely come across a number of sheds which are multipurpose in nature. Quite obviously, if you want to keep animals under a part of your machinery shed then you have to work a little harder in order to maintain the cleanliness around. Hence, it would be better to go for of a larger shed.
- If you are living close to your farm and there are tons of not so usable items in your home then you can use your machinery shed to make your home clutter free. A lot of farmers store things that they do not use quite often.
- For farming, a number of equipment are needed, apart from heavy machines, such as shovels, watering cans, lawn mowers, etc. In addition, different types of fertilisers and chemicals are also brought into use. These things can turn out to be dangerous for your kids if you store them at your home. So, it is better to store them at your machinery shed in order to keep your home clean.
Hence, those were some of the major benefits of having machinery sheds. When it comes to building this kind of shed, you need to do proper planning. You need to make the door large enough to effortlessly move the machines in and out. In case you are considering the idea of using the shed for livestock housing too, then you must make sure the humidity level in the shed can be controlled. Too much of humidity can prove damaging for your farming machines.
In the web world, there is no dearth of designs and ideas regarding the construction of machinery shed. You can choose a shed design from the net or even go for a prefabricated shed. Most of the sheds are Do-It-Yourself type of designs as the materials can be procured from nearby hardware shops. You can also enlist a carpenter or other professionals to assemble the machinery shed for you.