When it comes to home improvement, homeowners leave no stone unturned to make them look better. But the price range has to be considered as well. Engineered flooring is one such type of flooring that not only holds the classy look of the house but also comes within affordable range. Many a people get confused between laminate flooring and engineered floors. The reason behind calling them same is the wooden look they have. However, they are completely different. Despite not being original hardwood floors, engineered floors have almost similar look to original wooden floors.
What is Engineered Flooring?
In engineered wooden floors, there is solid plywood layer placed under the natural wooden layer on the top. The properties of engineered wooden floors are:
- Basically, the floor is made of dimensional plywood, but on the top of it a thin layer of hardwood is being placed.
- Engineered wooden floors are moisture resistance. They generally can resist moisture better than the original hardwood floors.
- These types of flooring are costlier than laminate floors or other floors. Despite not being original wood, engineered woods are expensive as well. Original wooden floors are little more expensive than the engineered wood.
- These types of wooden floors have high resale value. If you are planning to sell your house and you have engineered flooring then the value of such floor will add little extra brownie points to the overall value of your property.
- The look of this type of flooring is much better than other artificial floors, especially laminate flooring. Laminate floors are shinier and thus look worse than the engineered floors.
- Engineered floors need glue or staple to get attached with the subfloors. In that way, it is moderately difficult to install but compared to some other type of floorings overall installation is easier for engineered floors.
Advantages of using engineered flooring at home:
While you design your home or opt for interior, you make sure that it can face any season. Consequently, one will use materials and items that will be more comfortable. On the other, the materials you are using must be cost effective as well. Engineered wooden floors can do both the jobs. There are a number of benefits engineered wood have. They are as follows:
- Comfortable: The wooden surface of the floor is much more comfortable as it prevents from cold. People who live in cold areas can have these floors to get warmer house.
- Installation: As mentioned the installation process is much easier than other types of artificial floorings. It is also cost effective as well.
- Diverse design: engineered flooring has diverse designs and colors to choose from. The best part about these floors is that it goes with any theme and color of the house.
- Sturdy and long lasting: Engineered woods are more stable than laminate floors or other floors. They last longer than other floors. These floors are easy to clean and much easier to maintain. As these types of floors last long, the resale value of these floors is much more compared to other flooring.
- Construction: As mentioned the upper surface of the floors is made of real wood, so the construction of the floors is much stronger than other types of floors.
Engineered flooring is one of the most popular flooring today. Though they are not inexpensive but they aren’t as expensive as original wooden floors. Overall engineered wooden floors are one of the best ways to improve the look of your home.