Precast panel installation process has become very popular in recent years because projects that use precast panels save weeks and even months over other construction materials and many other benefits.
The Method of Best Precast Panel Installation Is Outlined Below:
- Setting Out:
- You need to set the reference line and offset line in order to determine the position of the precast elements to be installed.
- You will need level pads or shim plates for setting the level of the elements. You can set the level pads in position using non-shrink mortar.
- For the precast panel, fix the compressible form or backer rod on outer perimeters of the wall. For vertical precast panels, check positions and alignments of the starter bars before you hoist them for installation.
- Lifting and Installation
- Lift and rig the precast panel to its designated location by using wire ropes, after checking the alignment and verticality of the panel.
- Adjust the panel to the designated position and secure it using the diagonal props. Before you release the hoisting cable, properly check the stability of the erected props.
- Grouting Work
- Prepare and apply the non-shrink mortar so that the gaps can be sealed along the bottom edge of the inner side of the panel. The non-shrink grout used with precast panels should be free-flowing and self-compacting to ensure good compaction at the joint and to minimize the risk of cracking.
- Before you proceed for grouting check that the joint width between the panels is within the design allowances.
- For corrugated pipe sleeve, you need to prepare and pour non-shrink grout or the proprietary grout into pipe inlets.
- Then keep the installed panels undisturbed for at least 24 hours.
- Joint Casting and Sealing
- While installing panels with cast in-situ joints you need to install the joint rebars as required.
- Then set up the forms for the casting of the vertical joint. Then carry out the concrete casting.
- Then you can remove the forms after sufficient strength is achieved to the concrete.
- In order to install the panel with the welded connection, you can place the connecting plate between the panels and then carry out the welding as per design requirement.
Benefits of The Best Precast Panel Installation
- Precast panels are aesthetically pleasing, as they can be produced in any color and wide variety of finishes to achieve the desired appearance.
- Precast panels have superior strength and durability. The strength gradually increases with time. The exterior cladding panes can easily be designed to handle the structural building loads and hence there is decrease need for any other structural components.
- The precast panes do not get deteriorated or experience any creep and stress relaxation. Hence does not lose its strength and deflect over time.
- The precast panel provides excellent protection against adverse impacts from explosions, vehicles, and projectiles.
- The precast wall panels have also been passed from impact testing of tornado or hurricane, thus giving its owners added advantage of assurance towards their safety in the areas that are prone to severe weather conditions.
- The distinct advantage of the precast panels over other materials like brick, cast-in-place concrete, masonry, and EIFS is ease of installation.
- This is so the precast panels are manufactured in advance of installation and they are ready for transportation to the location designed for installation.
- Most of the precast panels are also embedded with connections hardware so that they can be erected onto steel frame quickly in case there is limited installation crew.
- The precast panels have high quality and uniformity as they are produced in a controlled plant environment.
- Precast panels increase the operating efficiency as the weather will not delay the production.